Product Design Engineer, Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate
- Full Time
Engineering & Applied Science
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 per annum depending on your experience plus personal development budget of £2K p.a
Contract Type: Fixed Term (24 months)
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Tuesday 23 October 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and skilled engineering or design graduate to work with a world-leading high-value British manufacturer to develop new products using novel methods such as predictive engineering and additive manufacturing. The role will involve the development of alternative manufacturing processes and working closely with demanding clients to create high specification, unique and refined bespoke products for direct export to markets around the world. This position is a 24 month fixed term contract, with a £2k per annum dedicated training budget to provide the skills and opportunities to lead the company’s future product development activities.
Candidate Profile: You will have a background in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Design Engineering with a BEng/ BSc (2:1 or better) in an appropriate subject. Industrial experience gained either through previous employment or student placement would be an advantage. The successful candidate will need an analytical approach to problem solving.
Key candidate attributes:
- Ability to use 3D CAD and modelling software such as SolidWorks or similar.
- Experience of materials selection and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in translating creative ideas from designers into engineered solutions.
- Strong organisational skills to take project ownership and achieve agreed objectives.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work either solo or as part of multiple teams.
- Fit in with the organisational culture and present a positive image of the company to clients.
The Company: Allgood specialises in the design, manufacture & supply of architectural ironmongery, access control equipment and washroom products for large and prestigious developments such as 4 and 5 star hotels and corporate premises. It has a B2B business model, supplying very high quality bespoke and standard products to the international construction projects market, specified by leading architects and interior designers, http://www.allgood.co.uk/
Aston University: You will work in a project team based in The School of Engineering and Applied Science, which undertakes cutting-edge multidisciplinary research with real impact.
Location: You will be based predominantly at Allgood in Birmingham, but will also have access to facilities at Aston University, which is a short distance away. Some travel is expected to meetings in the various offices of Allgood and its international clients.
About KTP: This is a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Allgood plc and Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure this position. To learn more please visit www.aston.ac.uk/ktp.
More searches like this
- £20,001 - £30,000 Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Birmingham
- £20,001 - £30,000 Fixed Term General Engineering Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Birmingham
- £20,001 - £30,000 Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Birmingham