Head of School of Design Communication (and Programme Leader of BA(Hons) Design Communication)
Architecturally unique and spanning two campuses – McNally and Winstedt – LASALLE is a creative hotbed for diverse art forms to coalesce and co-mingle, providing an inspiring learning environment for students.
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
HEAD OF SCHOOL OF DESIGN COMMUNICATION (and PROGRAMME LEADER OF
BA(HONS) DESIGN COMMUNICATION)
Design is the cultural and social engine to propel economic growth from the present to the future. LASALLE College of the Arts Faculty of Design propositions our curriculum focusing on the needs of tomorrow. Designers are the provocateurs, disruptors, strategists, authors, critics, editors and thinkers for open-ended challenges.
We are seeking highly influential, aspiring and dynamic candidates to lead and inspire the next generation of young designers and innovating the future of Design Education in the fields of creative sustainability, social innovation, creative and cultural enterprises and future identities.
The School of Design Communication resides in the Faculty of Design and the School offers a range of programmes from Diploma, BA(Hons) programmes in Design Communication and Masters of Arts in Design.
The primary responsibility of a Head of School is to assist the Dean in providing leadership to the School of Design Communication and also lead the BA(Hons) Design Communication programme, and to develop the vision and proactively raise the profile of the School in line with the overall strategic direction of the Faculty and the College. The Head of School is expected to work closely with the Dean to develop strategic engagement with the Design sector and enhance external academic and industry partnerships and projects both locally and globally.
The key functions of the Head of School will be in consultation with the Dean to develop and drive agreed strategies for the School, to implement its operational plans within approved budget, to oversee the staff team and to contribute to the planning, design and delivery of the curriculum. You will play a key academic leadership and administrative role in the operation of the Faculty and the Institution.
The Head of School is expected to be an active practitioner and scholar in his or her specialist field and to lead and participate in research within the School in line with the College’s Research Strategy and the ambitions of the Faculty. You will also provide/contribute to teaching and learning, undertake research in the subject specialism, manage resources allocated to the School efficiently, and establish a local and international professional network in order to raise awareness of the School and the College.
As Programme Leader of the BA(Hons) Design Communication, key responsibilities include oversight of the curriculum and its development, the planning and co-ordination of classes, and managing student research/projects. You will ensure high levels of quality assurance to meet the academic standards of the validating partner and the College. In addition to your academic administration load, the Programme Leader will also be responsible for the teaching and development of various modules. You will manage the programme efficiently within the allotted resources and budget, which includes selection and management of a large number of part-time staff. You will be a team player and provide a strong and active commitment to staff research.
In addition to academic and programme administration, the Programme Leader is expected to undertake teaching of the programme(s) in the School and/or Faculty.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline with substantial professional experience
- At least 13 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework
- At least 8 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff
- Evidence of commitment to/track record of research and/or professional practice
- Substantial specialist and practical knowledge of an appropriate range of programmes and subjects in design
- Knowledge of contextualizing academic programme content and curriculum development to fulfil requirements of validation and accreditation and programme enhancement
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills
- Effective people management and supervisory skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Proven ability in managing curriculum planning, programme budget and programme delivery
- Experience in developing collaborative and interdisciplinary projects, and developing strong networks with external academic partners, community and industry
- Strong student pastoral care skills
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile and able to mentor emerging researchers
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary and enclosing a recent passport-sized photograph, by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applied for on the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 31 October 2018 OR until position is filled.
More information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
For information about the School of Design Communication please visit:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply for Head of School of Design Communication (and Programme Leader of BA(Hons) Design Communication)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Other Senior Management jobs in Singapore
- Permanent Communication & Media Studies Other Senior Management jobs in Singapore
- Permanent Social Sciences Other Senior Management jobs in Singapore
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Other Senior Management jobs in Singapore