Senior Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10001628-VP and General Counsel Office of
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
This position will provide high-level administrative support to the members of the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel. The candidate must be able to work in a team environment in a fast paced legal office and maintain a professional demeanor while interacting with clients, outside counsel and other members of the university.
As a professional representative of the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel, the candidate must be committed to responsiveness, customer service, excellence and teamwork. The Senior Administrative Coordinator will deal regularly with highly sensitive, privileged and confidential legal matters. This position requires discretion and exercising considered judgement in all conversations and handling of materials.
- Manage multiple calendars with complex scheduling by effectively prioritizing requests for meetings; anticipate future schedule conflicts and initiative to resolve them in a timely manner
- Respond to and direct Office of General Counsel’s incoming phone calls with efficiency and tact
- Prepare travel and accommodation arrangements for attorneys and ensure timely processing of travel and expense reimbursements
- Manage responsibility for the consistent use of file management systems. Ensure files are well organized, maintained and up to date
- Complete additional administrative duties such compiling meeting materials, reserving meeting rooms and/or catering for meetings and special events
- Handle highly privileged and confidential information with an appropriate level of discretion
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five years of administrative experience required.
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Discretion for confidential information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and respond quickly, creatively, and flexibly.
- Technologically savvy-experience with basic web search, and cloud-based document sharing (DropBox), instant messaging (Skype for Business).
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe (Acrobat IX Pro, Reader, FormsCentral).
Additional education may be substituted for required experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information;