Project Manager, Humanities and Sciences
Reporting to the Associate Dean for External Relations in the School of Humanities and Sciences, the Project Manager will provide support to fundraising programs and activities. S/he will work with front-line fundraising staff, donors, volunteers, and other university staff to assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with all university constituencies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Track, analyze and report on fundraising progress against goals and objectives for specific programs, as assigned.
- Provide recommendations to marketing and communications staff in the writing and production of fundraising materials, including specialized appeals and other development communications.
- Provide development program reporting and analysis to support fundraising strategies.
- Partner with fundraisers, stewardship, marketing and event planning staff in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation and stewardship, alumni, and special recognition events.
- Track budget(s), and conduct financial projections for department.
- Train and supervise the duties of event students, workers, and volunteers.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, manage data input, and generate complex reports using the university external relations database.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced ability with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency with database systems, such as Microsoft Access.
- Strong data analysis skills including experience gathering, organizing and analyzing data, and communicating/presenting results and recommendations in a succinct fashion to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work efficiently, juggle tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Outstanding communication skills and exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external constituents.
Why Stanford for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
We invite you to apply for the position by clicking on the “Apply for Job”button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and a resume with your online application. The cover letter should briefly describe why you believe you are a good fit for this position.