Graduate Research Officer, Examinations
- Full-time, fixed term contract for 12 months
- Based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $64,924 - $72,923 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe:
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The La Trobe Graduate Research School (GRS) aims to support a dynamic and engaged community of researchers producing world-class research with impact in society. The GRS contributes to an inspiring research and professional development environment by providing graduate research candidates, their supervisors and all researchers with:
- Modern, professional life-cycle candidature management and administration
- Exciting industry, community and international engagement opportunities
- World-class research education and development initiatives
- Contemporary and academically rigorous research training governance and advice
About the role:
The Graduate Research Officer (Examinations) contributes to the operational effectiveness of the Graduate Research School as a member of the centrally located operations team managing the complete candidature lifecycle.
Responsibilities will include:
The main responsibility of this role is to administer the end-to-end processing of masters and doctoral thesis examination in close liaison with graduate research candidates, School Directors of Graduate Research, graduate research supervisors, the Board of Graduate Research, and external examiners.
Other duties include:
- Engage and liaise with graduate research thesis examiners, including distribution of theses for assessment, follow-up of examiner reports, examiner payments, receipt and distribution of examiners reports.
- Liaise with other university administrative teams whose work intersects with the graduate research examination process, including the Library, Student Operations and Graduations.
- Check, record and monitor enrolment and examination details in the student database and other sources.
- Provide expert advice to academic staff, graduate research candidates and external examiners on graduate research procedures and processes.
- Contribute to the development of communications, systems and reporting processes for graduate research operations to enhance the service experience of academic staff and graduate research candidates.
Skills and Experience:
To succeed in this role, you will have completed a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of knowledge, training and experience, not limited to:
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery of quality and timely service.
- Computer proficiency, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and e-mail systems, experience with student information systems, and on-line communication facilities
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team in a very busy and dynamic environment.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including good presentation and interpersonal skills
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 14th October 2018 (11:55pm).
Position Enquiries: Raylee Pasalis, Operations Manager, Graduate Research School,
TEL: +61 3 9479 3395,
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 557263 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.