Postdoctoral Fellow in Artificial Intelligence
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM, pool and Indoor Sports Centre
- A strong commitment to staff development and learning
- A strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
- Location: Canberra, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
The School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT) offers a flexible, friendly working environment that is well-resourced and delivers research-informed education as part of its accredited, globally recognised engineering and computing degrees to its undergraduate students. The School offers programs in electrical, mechanical, aeronautical, and civil engineering as well as in aviation, information technology and cyber security to graduates and professionals who will be Australia’s future technology decision makers.
About the role
- Level A - $91,743 (+9.5% super and leave loading)
- Fixed term (36 months) starting in early February 2019
UNSW Canberra has an opportunity for a Postdoctural Fellow – Artificial Intelligence. You will develop algorithms for human interaction with robot swarms. The purpose of the position is to pursue method development, implementation and the application of novel machine learning algorithms in a human-robot task.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in conducting innovative and independent research in machine learning, and/or multi-agent systems.
- Have a demonstrated understanding of computer programming skills, preferably with experience in robotics applications or android application programming.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse range of students and staff
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety and knowledge of equal opportunity principles
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Associate Professor, Kathryn Kasmarik
P: 02 6268 8023
Eugene Aves (Talent Acquisition Consultant)
P: +61 2 9385 3475
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), 1st November 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com