Communications Specialist, Duke Divinity School
The communications specialist is responsible for working with a team to plan and create content and to build the audience for Faith & Leadership. Faith & Leadership is the online magazine of Leadership Education at Duke Divinity, which designs educational services, develops intellectual resources, offers grants and facilitates networks of institutions. Leadership Education’s mission is to create lasting change by strengthening the ecology of Christian institutions that enable U.S. congregations and pastors to flourish. The audience includes those institutions whose mission is the formation of Christians and who have the strength to have scalable impact: denominations, seminaries, church-related colleges, consultancies, large membership congregations and Christian non-profit organizations.
- Research content ideas, hire freelance journalists, supervise freelance journalists, edit drafts, work with a copy editor, work with photographers and select art to produce top stories.
- Recruit, coach and edit essayists from a wide variety of interests, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Conduct and edit interviews with executives, pastors, scholars and others.
- Develop other forms of content, including sermons and book excerpts.
- Contribute to News & Ideas, a daily, interdisciplinary news roundup.
- Support Faith & Leadership’s strategic goals to reach a growing audience through various marketing and social media techniques.
- Post and proof content using the Drupal content management system.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Departmental Preferences; Knowledge about and experience with Christian institutions and marginalized communities is highly desirable.
Requisition Number 401499048
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 1290 COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communication and marketing skills normally acquiredthrough a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Work generally requires one year related experience in advertising,marketing, media, promotions or public relations.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OREXPERIENCE
Auto req ID