Research Data Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $44,748 - $61,610
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 - 5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 60006901-SOM Uro Greenberg Bladder Cancer Inst
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The Johns Hopkins Greenberg Bladder Cancer Institute is seeking a highly-motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to work at the forefront of genomics research. The candidate will serve as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary genomics research team by implementing software tools and workflows for analyzing high-throughput genomics, epigenomics, and transcriptomics data.
- Apply advanced analytical methods and algorithms to deliver high quality analysis results including figures and tables.
- Develop best practices for next generation sequencing analysis and document them.
- Determine, research, and implement appropriate methodologic procedures for biologically informed, statistically and computationally driven analysis of high-dimensional data.
- Coordinate data flow with a wide variety of external scientific collaborators.
- Manage research datasets on file servers and ensure their appropriate backup, completeness, correctness and integrity.
- Assess existing data in the literature, evaluate the quality of data and assist with preparation and distribution of data to the group.
- Assist in preparing scientific presentations, grant applications and manuscripts, with the opportunity if appropriate.
- Familiarity with common computational biology tools and software packages such as Bioconductor.
- Additional education (Master's level) may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula,
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistical Genetics or related field required.
3 years related experience required.
Additional education (Master's level) may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Knowledge of R software.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
- Able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods.
- Able to reach by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required, able to manipulate objects with fingers rather than entire hand(s) or arm(s), e.g., use of computer keyboard.
- Able to communicate using the spoken and written word.
- Able to see within normal parameters and to hear within normal range.
- Able to move about.
- Able to lift minimum weight, 25 lbs.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Maryland
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Maryland
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Other Research Related jobs in Maryland
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in Maryland
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Maryland