Clinical Nurse Case Manager
Classified Title: Clinical Nurse Case Manager
Working Title: Clinical Nurse Case Manager
Starting Salary Range: $60,342 - $83,034
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 620 N. Caroline Street
Department name: 60000455-SOM DOM ID BCHD
Personnel area: School of Medicine
To provide medical case management services and coordinates care of HIV positive patients at Baltimore City Health Department Sexual Health clinics. The nurse case manager will work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to provide a variety of client-centered activities focused on improving health outcomes of the population served
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned caseload of about 150 HIV positive patients
- Perform initial needs assessment of newly diagnosed HIV positive individuals.
- Provide medical case management services for HIV continuity patients
- Complete bio-psychosocial assessment of newly diagnosed and HIV continuity patients and obtain sexual and behavioral risk history
- Based upon assessment, develop a comprehensive client-centered care plan to address needs and re-evaluate care plans every 6 months.
- Coordinate access to medical services including referrals and medical appointments
- Perform treatment adherence assessment and counseling to ensure compliance to HIV treatment
- Provides patient education on HIV, STD, hepatitis test results, disease transmission, and risk reduction
- Coordinate and assist with prescription refills
- Review lab work and triage to providers as appropriate
Individual must be a registered nurse, licensed in the State of Maryland or state where practicing. Bachelor's degree in nursing or related discipline preferred. Current CPR certification required. Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment. Acceptable completion of the JHH credentialing process is required prior to start date.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proficiency in medical and conversational Spanish is PREFERRED
- Knowledge of STD/HIV/TB disease, treatment, and resources
- Ability to work with culturally diverse patient, staff and community populations
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary, multi-organizational team setting
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Phlebotomy and injection skills
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information