The Financial Aid Office strives to enable all admitted students to take advantage of the opportunities at Stanford through one of the most generous financial aid programs in the nation. We are a dynamic team of dedicated professionals committed to serving all students, both undergraduate and graduate, and their families. We maximize use of technology to provide funding, tools and information necessary to meet educational expenses for all students. We ensure that institutional, governmental and private funds are administered in compliance with the highest standards of fiscal responsibility.
The Financial Aid Office (FAO) seeks an Administrative Associate to provide administrative support to the Associate Dean/Director and staff.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery ad fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Your responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the Associate Dean/Director’s and staff calendar; scheduling appointments and resolving conflicts; arranging travel for the Director and assisting staff with conference travel.
- Responding to phone and email inquiries for the Director, and determining and taking appropriate action as required; managing the Cardinal Care Subsidy email list; responding to students; updating eligibility when required; managing the Graduate Family Grant application process; tracking applications and required documentation for completeness and communicating with applicants as necessary.
- Accurately entering data from data sheets or charts into a database and/or manual filing system using specific, standard instructions; determining appropriate action to be taken for duplicate, inaccurate, or unclear information.
- Performing duties associated with scheduling; e.g., organizing staff retreats, workshops for Stanford staff related to hiring Federal Work-study students, and conferences for on-campus GFS Users.
- Creating and generating mass email to students; assisting in creating presentations for financial aid nights; maintaining/updating FAO policies and procedures documentation following established conventions; maintaining/updating forms for students available from the FAO web site.
- Managing payment of invoices; managing PCard and TravelCard transactions; managing return of outside award funds for the Funds Management team; assisting with processing of outside award checks for students during peak periods.
- As part of the Web Team, coordinating creation of videos and ensuring websites are kept up to date.
- Communicating with Federal Work Study employers with regular reminders and communications around payroll deadlines.
- Monitoring office supplies (e.g., stationery, business cards, etc.).
- Managing incoming mail.
- Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
- MS Office, Excel, Outlook and Box experience.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.