Associate Professor in Molecular Biology
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions;
The positions are based at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
The Professor positions are offered on fixed term contract of five (5) years.
Senior Lecturer position is offered on pensionable terms or fixed term contract of five (5) years.
FACULTY OF SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY (ONE POSITION)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students in Molecular Biology.
- To build the knowledge base in Molecular Biology through research and publications.
- To administer teaching activities within the discipline of Molecular Biology and provide leadership at the module or course level.
- To establish a national and international research reputation in the field of Molecular Biology.
- To be active in professional service related to Molecular Biology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD or equivalent in Molecular Biology
- A minimum of 6 years post-doctoral experience in research and teaching
- A record of recent and continuing publications (minimum of 16 publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals
- Successful supervision of postgraduate students at Masters and Doctoral levels
- Record of attracting research grants.
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- General molecular biology skills involving isolation, manipulation, and characterization of DNA, RNA and proteins with a thorough understanding of gene sequencing, cell signaling and gene expression.
- Demonstrate experience in design and construction of cloning and expression vectors.
- Experience in cell and tissue culture using various cells, cell lines and tissue types.
- Knowledge of biochemistry techniques such as fluorescence based assays.
- Working knowledge of different types of microscopy relevant to the field.
The University offers an attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated positions, please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
Please note: Processing of received applications will commence from October 30, 2018.
Contact Mrs K Taolo 4931307/ Ms Thibelang 4931311
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
The positions will remain vacant until filled.