Senior Lecturer in Bioinformatics
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions;
The positions are based at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
The Professor positions are offered on fixed term contract of five (5) years.
Senior Lecturer position is offered on pensionable terms or fixed term contract of five (5) years.
FACULTY OF SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
SENIOR LECTURER, BIOINFORMATICS (ONE POSITION)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students in Bioinformatics.
- To build the knowledge base in Bioinformatics Biology through research and publications.
- To administer teaching activities within the discipline of Bioinformatics and provide leadership at the module or course level
- To establish a national and international research reputation in the field of Bioinformatics.
- To be active in professional service related to Bioinformatics
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD or equivalent in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology.
- A minimum of three (3) years post-doctoral experience in teaching and research in the relevant field.
- An excellent record of international publications (minimum of eight publications in reputable refereed journals).
- Experience in the supervision of Masters students is required.
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- An understanding of Unix Commands
- Proficiency in programming
- Knowledge and experience in analysis of genomics, proteomics and metabolomics data
- Knowledge of Bioinformatics databases and databases techniques
- Ability to model molecules and simulate their interactions
- Detailed understanding of the role of Bioinformatics in the scientific discovery process.
The University offers an attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated positions, please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
Please note: Processing of received applications will commence from October 30, 2018.
Contact Mrs K Taolo 4931307/ Ms Thibelang 4931311
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
The positions will remain vacant until filled.
Apply for Senior Lecturer in Bioinformatics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly