Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Science
7 days left
- Full Time
Curtin University is one of Australia’s largest and most innovative universities.
Curtin Malaysia is Curtin University’s largest international campus with students from more than 45 countries, offering a unique international and cross-cultural learning experience in Malaysia. Highly-qualified academic staff from some 15 countries further strengthen our international outlook. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Business, Humanities, Engineering and Science identical to those offered at our parent campus, as well as courses at pre-university level that feed directly into our undergraduate programmes. In accordance with Curtin’s reputation for excellence and commitment to be an international leader in education and research, our staff members are recruited internationally and are of the highest calibre.
Curtin Malaysia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to provide academic leadership in developing and managing the Faculty of Engineering and Science’s teaching and research programmes.
The appointment will be at Professorial level. The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor, Curtin Malaysia and will have direct supervision of six Heads of Department.
To assist the selection committee with the selection process, applicants must address all the criteria listed below. Each selection criterion must be addressed separately using the attached form. Applicants are requested to provide evidence of their ability to meet each criterion, using examples of previous experience wherever possible.
- Possess a relevant doctorate and a record of excellence in teaching and research.
- Strong leadership and management skills consistent with the duties of a Dean of Faculty, including the management of staff performance.
- Effectiveness in formal and informal interaction and communication with students, University staff and external stakeholders (the professions, industries and the wider community).
- Ability to develop a budgetary framework aligned to University Strategic Planning and Operational Initiatives, which capitalises on a robust staff profile.
- Ability to develop the capacity of the faculty to provide postgraduate courses in Engineering and to respond to market demands for undergraduate courses.
- Ability to contribute to the overall strategic directions of the University by developing centres of research and a culture of best practice in teaching.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a latest resume with a cover letter and certified copies of your academic credentials. You are also required to complete and submit the form to address the selection criteria and the Application for Employment Form.
For further information on the position, please contact the following persons:
Viziaty Drahman (Human Resource Manager) Telephone: 6 085 443870; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Servia Gindi (Human Resource Officer) Telephone: 6 085 443872; Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: The post will remain open until the position is filled.
For write-in application, please forward your applications to:
Staffing Management Section,
Human Resource Department,
Curtin University Sarawak,
CDT 250, 98009 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
MINISTRY OF EDUCATON REGISTRATON NUMBER KP/JPS/DFT/USYO1
Owned and managed by Curtin (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (464213-M)
MAPCO Membership No C/038
Apply for Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Science
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly