Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan
Department: Advancement and Public Affairs
Duty station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Deadline: Position open until filled
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for the planning and implementation of UCA’s development strategies related to fund raising in Central Asia, and Kazakhstan in particular. He/she will identify and work with high net worth individuals, corporations, and international partners, to address the growing operational and capital needs of the University. One of the key roles of the Manager is to encourage senior staff and faculty in developing attractive gift opportunities and fundraising proposals to garner support for capital investments, on-going academic programmes, new initiatives, annual giving, and alumni contributions.
The Manager will assist the Director of Advancement and Public Affairs (APA) in overseeing the University’s fundraising campaigns and annual giving drives; develop and administer donor recognition policies; establish on-going dialogue and communication with existing and potential donors; and effectively track fundraising pledges, collections, and acknowledgement of gifts.
In addition to responsibilities related to resource mobilization, this position requires the incumbent to have an in-depth understanding of communication and marketing techniques to effectively create awareness and cultivate a broad range of potential donors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of APA in developing and achieving fundraising goals, strategies, plans and objectives for potential donors in Central Asia.
- Identify prospects and develop strategies to cultivate and solicit major gifts from corporations, and high net worth individuals in Kazakhstan.
- Prepare fundraising proposals and gift opportunities for solicitating donations from existing as well as new prospects.
- Identify and analyse information pertinent to the development of relationships with potential individual donors and corporations.
- Prepare and present fund raising status reports to University officials.
- Develop and administer recognition policies, and establish on-going dialogue and communication with existing and potential donors.
- Visit donors, donor organisations, and foundations throughout Kazakhstan to raise awareness of the University’s programmes, new initiatives, and achievements, with the objective of soliciting gifts.
- Supervise and implement an effective programme of communication and stewardship for all donors and prospects.
- Organise events on campus and elsewhere to showcase key programmes and achievements of UCA, with the objective of creating awareness and seeking donor support.
- Plan and manage various campaigns and annual giving drives to achieve established fund raising targets and goals.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers in various donor geographies, to ensure they become effective in donor research, cultivation, solicitation (where appropriate), and follow up.
- Establish systems for the effective tracking of fundraising drives, pledges, collections, acknowledgement of gifts, and timely collection of pledges.
- Cultivate relationships with Central Asian and international media to give UCA greater regional and global exposure.
- Provide strategic guidance to all entities and officers of the University on communications and marketing, media engagement, and donor event planning and management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of APA.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, public relations, fundraising, government, or other germane fields. Relevant experience in lieu of a Master’s degree may be considered in exceptional cases.
- At least ten years of experience in the corporate, business, or marketing profession. Previous fundraising experience is desirable.
- The ability to motivate volunteers to engage with potential donors, and ensure effective follow up.
- Maturity and ability to work with senior persons including UCA’s management team.
- Ability and stamina to travel regionally and internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fundraising and communications for an innovative institution like UCA requires the ability to think creatively, and a strong commitment to the mission and objectives of the University.
- Demonstrated record of establishing relationships and rapport with the media.
- Fluency in English, Kazakh, and Russian. Ability to speak in Kyrgyz and Tajik, an asset.
Reporting Relationship and Location
The position reports to the Director of Advancement and Public Affairs of UCA and will be based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
How to Apply Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by September 28th 2018.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “KZ Manager of Advancement”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.