Senior Front-end Software Engineer
About the position
Do you want to work as a senior front-end software engineer contributing to a global public good? If yes, then DHIS2 (District Health Information System) is the place for you. DHIS2 software engineers develop a platform used to improve health care at a global scale. We work directly with end-users in order to understand how our system is being adapted for specific needs.
This is a permanent position with external funding.
This position is in Oslo, Norway.
DHIS2 is a web-based, open source data platform used by governments, international development agencies and NGOs in more than 60 countries worldwide. The system is used to improve access and use of information in the health sector and beyond, including education, sanitation, nutrition, disaster relief and other domains.
The platform has become a global standard within international development and has a huge impact on the way developing countries are managing their management information systems. It is built API-first with an extensible app architecture. We do continuous delivery and short iterations.
We work on projects with global reach and scale, such as:
- DHIS2 is used to notify the right people about possible disease outbreaks so that action can be taken in time. - Disease surveillance and monitoring in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- DHIS2 is used to collect data and provide analytics and insights into how funding can be spent most effectively - HIV/AIDS control in collaboration with PEPFAR (US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS relief), the largest initiative ever for combating a single disease.
- DHIS2 is used to collect and analyze data for areas such as service utilization, family planning and immunization. - Health information management systems in more than 60 ministries of health worldwide, including South Africa, Tanzania, India, and Cambodia.
- DHIS2 is used by NGOs to analyse the impact programs, improve planning and guide resource utilization. - More than 70 NGOs such as Doctors Without Borders and Save the Children
You will manage a team specializing in building software features for the DHIS2 open source platform and be the team lead for web apps. You will be the front-end architect responsible for all front-end technology to build web apps. This involves delivering and maintaining the web apps, i.e. rewriting and writing new ones.
You will work on features related to analytics, information retrieval, metadata management, offline data collection and data synchronization. This role requires a passion and ability for finding innovative engineering solutions to complex problems. We give you the vision and the challenge - you have the freedom to choose your own approach to problem solving.
We are looking for someone with (qualifications):
- Minimum a BSc in relevant engineering discipline, but preferably a MSc in relevant engineering discipline
- Managerial experience, particularly managing distributed teams.
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS).
- Experience working with REST Web APIs and JSON.
- 5+ years of experience building rich web applications
- Experience working with DHIS2, especially DHIS2 tracker
The working language is English, so working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English is a requirement.
- Salary NOK 544 400 to 631 700 per annum depending on qualifications in a position as Head Engineer, position code 1085
- Stimulating, challenging and friendly work environment
- An organization in continuous development with ambitious goals
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
How to apply
The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (complete overview of education and work experience)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters for recommendation
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (names, relation to candidate and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our recruiting system.
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
Lars Helge Øverland, email:email@example.com
For technical questions regarding the recruitment system, please contact HR Adviser Torunn Standal Guttormsen, phone:+47 22854272, email:firstname.lastname@example.org