Quality Assurance and Release Manager
About the position
Do you want to work as a Quality Assurance and Release Manager contributing to a global public good? If yes, then DHIS2 (District Health Information System) is the place for you. At DHIS2, we work to develop a platform used to improve health care at a global scale. We work directly with end-users in order to understand how our system is being adapted for specific needs.
This is a permanent position with external funding.
This position is in Oslo, Norway.
DHIS2 is a web-based, open source data platform used by governments, international development agencies and NGOs in more than 60 countries worldwide. The system is used to improve access and use of information in the health sector and beyond, including education, sanitation, nutrition, disaster relief and other domains.
The platform has become a global standard within international development and has a huge impact on the way developing countries are managing their management information systems. It is built API-first with an extensible app architecture. We do continuous delivery and short iterations.
We work on projects with global reach and scale, such as:
- DHIS2 is used to notify the right people about possible disease outbreaks so that action can be taken in time. - Disease surveillance and monitoring in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- DHIS2 is used to collect data and provide analytics and insights into how funding can be spent most effectively - HIV/AIDS control in collaboration with PEPFAR (US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS relief), the largest initiative ever for combating a single disease.
- DHIS2 is used to collect and analyze data for areas such as service utilization, family planning and immunization. - Health information management systems in more than 60 ministries of health worldwide, including South Africa, Tanzania, India, and Cambodia.
- DHIS2 is used by NGOs to analyse the impact programs, improve planning and guide resource utilization. - More than 70 NGOs such as Doctors Without Borders and Save the Children
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Coordinate software releases; incorporating work from multiple project teams and delivering to a global community
- Oversee problem management and change request processes
- Manage change control for key design documentation
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate QA and testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation test scripts using open source tools
- Build testing tools as required to improve test coverage
- Have a quality mind set and ensure compliance with the requirements
- Ensure continuous improvement of ways of working and methodology
- Manage diverse teams, based both locally and remotely
We are looking for someone with:
- University degree, BSc or MSc in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience from managing product development projects and/or projects with technical complexity
- Experience with different software development methodologies and frameworks
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with testing web-based software
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Project Management Professional, or similar, qualification
- Experience working with DHIS2
- Experience working within an academic environment
The working language is English, so working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English is a requirement. Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an advantage.
- Salary NOK 607 700 – 731 400 per annum depending on qualifications in a position as Senior Engineer, position code 1181.
- Stimulating, challenging and friendly work environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
How to apply
The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (complete overview of education and work experience)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters for recommendation
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (names, relation to candidate and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our recruiting system.
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
Lars Helge Øverland, email:email@example.com
For technical questions regarding the application system, please contact HR Adviser Torunn Standal Guttormsen, phone: +47 22854272, email: firstname.lastname@example.org