Technology Training Consultant
The Technology Training Consultant position is an exciting role which is part of Yale Medicine’s Learning & Development team. The role is responsible for the development and delivery of technology training programs for Yale Medicine management and front line staff. The role will apply internal consulting skills to assess training needs to design, develop, and deliver technology based programs across Yale Medicine’s growing administrative and clinical department areas. This is a highly visible position which will partner with Yale Medicine’s business unit managers and leaders to deliver training and learning programs across various job levels and groups within the Yale School of Medicine’s clinical practice, which is one of the largest academic multispecialty group practices in New England.
- Deliver learning and development programs through various modalities including instructor led classes, Webinars, eLearning, small group facilitation, 1:1 coaching, self-directed reference materials.
- Apply instructional design (ADDIE) methodology when developing and delivering learning programs. Design eLearning outlines and storyboards as needed.
- Build relationships with business unit leaders and managers when initiating the creation of a learning program and during the closure or follow up phase.
- Analyze user needs and create proposals for new training programs or systems.
- Apply project management skills to oversee timelines, key deliverables, and monitor risks during the development and implementation of a learning program.
- Conduct on-site performance observations of business and operations to identify specific gaps in knowledge, skills, and behavior in the learning population.
- Organize classroom schedules with facility and technical resources. Ensure program schedules and learner registration are setup and enrollment is monitored.
- Collect feedback on training quality and delivery through evaluations and surveys, etc. Assimilate results, develop and report on key performance indicators (KPI). Develop and implement measures to address identified deficiencies and enhance the program.
- In collaboration with the Epic Core Learning Program, provide classroom and occasional onsite training to end users on all Epic Practice Management applications and other applications or topics as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organizational communication, or related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating leadership development, operations training, and performance improvement initiatives.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Expertise in recommending and applying adult learning methodologies to learning programs.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Strong teaching and facilitation skills with groups of various sizes and sessions of varying lengths. Ability to analyze and evaluate documented policies, procedures and operational workflows.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong instructional design and needs assessment skills to create training materials and other forms of training delivery assets.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications, industry concepts / terminology. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as EPIC or other EMR.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Strong attention to detail and outstanding self-initiative, personal accountability, and follow through. Solid project management skills to monitor timeline, progress, and dependencies.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s degree in adult education, instructional design, organizational development, human resources, or related field. Experience using Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Video Editing software, etc. Experience working in hospital and healthcare environments with managers and business unit leaders is highly desired. Experience in using EPIC or other EMR highly desirable.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Ability to be credentialed in Epic applications within 90 days of hire.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.