- Operate floor equipment to strip, scrub and refinish floors and baseboards.
- Utilize chemicals and other cleaning agents to maintain prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Operate floor equipment to strip, scrub and refinish floors and the above statements describe the general nature and level of work. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Being performed by individuals assigned to this classification needed baseboards.
- Shampoo and remove stains from carpets.
- Patch damaged carpets
- Utilize floor chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards to achieve maximum effectiveness at minimum maintenance.
- Maintain standards of quality to the extent that work on floors does not mar walls, doors and office furniture.
- Inspect floors and carpets; recognize cause and substance of soiling and determine proper chemical agent for cleaning.
- Maintain floor equipment in proper working condition.
- Utilize proper techniques and associated hardware to keep equipment clean and achieve life expectancy of said item.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities N/A
Requisition Number 401475079
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 325 FLOOR FINISHER*
Job Family Level 03
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Experience OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID 104066BR