Operate floor equipment to strip, scrub and refinish floors and baseboards. Utilize chemicals and other cleaning agents to maintain prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Operate floor equipment to strip, scrub and refinish floors and baseboards.
- Shampoo and remove stains from carpets. Patch damaged carpets as needed.
- Utilize floor chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards to achieve maximum effectiveness at minimum maintenance.
- Maintain standards of quality to the extent that work on floors does not mar walls, doors and office furniture.
- Inspect floors and carpets; recognize cause and substance of soiling and determine proper chemical agent for cleaning.
- Maintain floor equipment in proper working condition.
- Utilize proper techniques and associated hardware to keep equipment clean and achieve life expectancy of said item.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
325 FLOOR FINISHER*
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender
identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust
exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of
our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel
secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are
respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community
have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or
mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for
reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID