Clinical Dietitian, Inpatient Oncology
Level I Coordinate all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of hospitalized patients and outpatients in a variety of settings. Perform duties in support of and in compliance with performance improvement plans, JCAHO, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies. Level II Function in a supervisory role as a team leader in addition to the duties and responsibilities of Level I.
- Provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy integrated with the patient's medical goals.
- Evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the nutritional status and nutritional needs of hospitalized patients and out patients using established standards of care and practice guidelines.
- Identify and provide age-specific nutrition counseling to meet the cultural needs of the patients and their families.
- Develop, review, update and implement educational materials to meet the needs of patients and professionals.
- Write order for diet, supplement, enteral/parenteral nutrition and laboratory data per hospital policy.
- Function as an integral member of the clinical interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain registered dietitian (RD) status including continuing professional education per the Professional Development Portfolio.
- Precept dietetic interns and provide on the job training for newly hired clinical staff.
- Supervise daily work of dietetic technicians, registered; provide input into evaluation but doesn't directly evaluate their performance.
- Comply with Nutrition Services meeting and attendance standards.
- Perform all the duties and responsibilities of Level I.
- Complete monthly performance improvement reports.
- Assist the department director in reviewing and updating department policies and procedures
- Plan and coordinate the work schedule and daily work load of the clinical dietitians and dietetic interns
- Other duties assigned by the department director
Requisition Number 401499966
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5034 CLINICAL DIETITIAN
Job Family Level E2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I Baccalaureate degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics,Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, or comparablemajor.Successful completion of coordinated program or dieteticinternship of not less than 900 hours under the supervision of aRegistered Dietitian.Level II Same as Level I
Level IOne year in an acute care environment preferred; experiencemay be waived for specific positions.Level II Two years in anacute care environment with one year supervisory experience preferred;experience may be waived for specific positions.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Level IRegistered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on DieteticRegistration; candidates eligible for registration may be hired withthe understanding that registration will be achieved within 90 days ofhire.Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the North CarolinaBoard of Dietetics and Nutrition; proviso for license-eligibledietitians as aboveLevel II Registered dietitian (RD) bythe Commission on Dietetic Registration.Licenseddietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dieteticsand NutritionOr equivalent combination of experience andeducation
Auto req ID