Clinical Research Coordinator
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/
The primary role of Clinical Research Coordinator is the organization, coordination and implementation of a research study. The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the review and preparation of protocols for original, pharmaceutical and government clinical trials. Prepare protocols, informed consents, data collection forms and advertisements for regulatory approval.
- Organize and participate in site visits, both initiation and otherwise. Participate in budget preparation for trials, be responsible for tracking site reimbursement and allocating patient stipends. Attend Investigator meetings for Clinical Research Trials
- Be actively involved in planning and implementation of patient recruitment into studies. Interview and evaluate participants as potential candidates for various studies enrollment. Obtain informed consent at multiple study sites within the Penn Health System.
- Coordinate scheduling of trial participants visits with study investigators and nurse practitioners as per protocol. Provide clinical services, including phlebotomy and obtain biospecimens as required by the protocol. Plan, direct, and assess overall study management of patient in collaboration with investigator. Intercept and respond to trial participants phone calls. Perform telephone follow-up per study protocol.
- The coordinator is also responsible for data collection and management in accordance with study protocol and the maintenance of source documents and case report forms. Collect and report timely, valid accurate data, maintain individual patient records. Maintain study compliance and integrity through close collaboration with investigator as well as the patient.
- Provide ongoing service education updates to all investigators and HUP staff who have eligible participants for clinical research studies.
BS degree and 1 to 3 years of experience, preferably in research, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Must be able to work flexible hours. Position requires a highly motivated, articulate individual with excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate should possess the ability to work independently and also as part of a team. Strong planning, organizational and prioritizing capabilities along with problem solving skills desired.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.