Growth Marketing Specialist
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
The Stanford Technology Ventures Program (stvp.stanford.edu) is the entrepreneurship center in Stanford’s School of Engineering, within the department of Management Science & Engineering. With a startup-like culture, STVP is a lab that creates research as well as innovative entrepreneurship education opportunities for Stanford students. Our work includes the delivery of affiliated courses, scholarly research, fellowships, and extracurricular programs, along with accelerating entrepreneurship and innovation education around the world through faculty development programs, industry collaborations and content creation on our Stanford eCorner platform (ecorner.stanford.edu).
Reporting to STVP’s Director of Editorial and Marketing, the Growth Marketing Specialist will drive the development, execution, and optimization of strategic multi-channel marketing campaigns for STVP. The Growth Marketing Specialist will focus primarily on two related initiatives: 1) increasing engagement with STVP offerings on the Stanford campus and 2) increasing engagement with Stanford eCorner content around the world. Through the development of marketing plans, evocative digital and print content and collateral, targeted promotions and engagement experiments, the Growth Marketing Specialist will increase engagement with the STVP community on campus and beyond. The Growth Marketing Specialist will optimize marketing plans by testing a variety of tactics including, but not limited to, social media, paid promotions, newsletters, SEO, and more.
If you are an energetic, self-starter willing to dig in and own the foundation of the growth marketing program, then this role may be perfect for you. If you are a mission-driven creative, a skilled communicator, a data-driven strategist, and a curious problem solver intrigued by puzzles and trends in data sets, then STVP may be a perfect fit for you. If you are a self-aware colleague able to tie your work into the goals of the team as a whole, an organized planner able to coordinate teamwork, a generative content producer, and an adaptable and resilient colleague eager to seize opportunities, come join our team! Working with STVP faculty and staff, the Growth Marketing Specialist will play a vital role in helping to deliver on our mission to develop the entrepreneurial mindset in organizations and individuals around the world.
Your responsibilities include:
- Produce and curate digital content to engage users, increase user base, and grow channels. Optimize content delivery strategies; build content topics, tailor content to outlet platform, target specific audiences, and make editorial decisions.
- Strategize to build and grow digital community through social media channels, paid advertising campaigns, blogs, and the web.
- Manage social listening efforts based on comments and online conversations. Respond to reputation risks by taking appropriate action and recommend solutions to minimize harm.
- Compile data, analyze and report on social media use. Analyze how content is performing and create reports with recommendations to management.
- Build support for social initiatives among internal stakeholders by acting as internal advocate for digital community efforts, building support and driving digital best practices.
- Contribute to overall development and refinement of digital community strategy, and innovative social initiatives by proposing and implementing recommendations.
- Provide customer service to constituents across digital channels; Represent organization to constituents, campus, media
- May supervise interns, entry-level staff, and volunteers.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 1 year of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build lasting relationships and strong communities; customer focus.
- Knowledge of the web, technology, social platforms, current and future trends.
- Highly organized and creative.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated team player.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Experience running social media campaigns
- Experience analyzing performance data and trends in user behavior
- Familiarity with content management systems, such as WordPress
- Familiarity with data analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Familiarity with social media management systems, such as Hootsuite
- Familiarity with digital marketing approaches, such as SEO or display advertising
- Basic familiarity with content creation tools, such as the Adobe Creative Suite
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Ourculture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in digital marketing and/or community development and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.