Head of Animation/VFX
AFTRS is Australia's Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and empower Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is consistently rated as one of the top film School's in the world. Our teachers and alumni include Academy, AFI/AACTA and BAFTA Award winners.
We are looking for a Head of Animation/VFX with a comprehensive knowledge of the theoretical, creative and practical elements of VFX and animation to lead the delivery of animation and VFX within our course offering. This is an exciting senior leadership role, reporting directly to the Director, Curriculum & Student Registrar.
As Head of VFX & Animation you will have academic leadership in relation to those disciplines, developing curriculum and advising on the related content in both Award and Non-Award courses, and teaching exceptionally talented students.
You will be responsible for:
- Industry engagement in your discipline, ensuring that AFTRS maintains the highest reputation in industry
- Drawing from academic and industry best practice to deliver highest quality courses and student experience
- Ensuring all students have the opportunity to meet course learning outcomes in a fair and equitable manner and that course materials are inclusive and diverse.
- Leading and managing your team, actively engaging in your team’s continuing professional development and training; ensuring team is up-to-date with professional practice and cultural competency training
- Proven industry leadership experience in your discipline including strategic management and high-level staff supervision.
- Substantial professional production experience and extensive, current networks across at least one, and preferably more than one broadcasting sector.
- An understanding of the latest approaches in teaching through practice as well as flexible modes of delivery.
- Understanding of future trends within your discipline and ability to inform high level strategy.
- Experience training and mentoring in an industry context.
- The ability to represent the school at public events and conferences.
- Demonstrated general management ability and capacity to develop course management skills including the oversight of financial resources, educational resources, learning management systems, timetables, and student support/progression simultaneously across a number of courses
- A commitment to the education and training mission of AFTRS and to the delivery of high-quality services to students.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent Industry experience in a relevant area.
- Demonstrated ability to create employment opportunities for students.
- Experience in staff recruitment and demonstrated ability recruit, manage and induct lecturers to deliver course curriculum.
- Proven leadership qualities and skills in developing and delivering courses across all academic levels.
Flexible working options are available for this role and we will genuinely consider applications for part time working.
Salary: $124,945 p/a (pro-rata if part time) and up to 15.4% super.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity and we strongly encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to Apply: Please email your current resume with covering letter addressing how your skills and experience meet the selection criteria to email@example.com by 9am Monday 15 October 2018.
Enquiries: Human Resources Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check.
This position is open to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.