Business Development Manager
- Join an inspiring and innovative team
- Great culture and work-life balance
- Generous employee benefits including 17% superannuation
Bring your proven business development and commercial acumen to this exciting role
Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led university, located at the heart of Australia’s fastest growing and economically significant Western Sydney region. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to lead our REDI Business team within the Office of Research Engagement, Development and Innovation (REDI). The position will support the strategic and operational requirements of innovative research and partnerships at the University. It is also a key interface and liaison point between external markets and the University's Research Institutes, Schools and professional Divisions. The appointee will lead a high performing and dedicated team and will be guided by REDI Management while having the freedom to shape and influence their team’s continued success.
The main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing and supporting the REDI Business team in their portfolios;
- Bidding to secure commercial research projects;
- Partnering with stakeholders and preparing project plans for new and entrepreneurial ventures;
- Conducting market and financial analysis and risk assessments for new business opportunities; and
- Promoting an entrepreneurial culture within the University.
Ideally you will hold relevant qualifications and/or experience in strategic business analysis and reporting. You will have experience in managing high performing teams and in running tenders for large scale projects and sourcing new business opportunities. In addition, your strong commercial acumen will make you stand out and will be highly valued by the university. To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please review the Position Description.
This is a full-time, ongoing position based at Parramatta Campus. There will be opportunities for travelling interstate and internationally from time to time for client visits and conferences.
Remuneration Package: Higher Education Worker Level 9 $131,822 to 140,774 p.a. (comprising Salary $111,391 to $118,956 p.a., 17% Superannuation and Leave Loading)
Position Enquiries: Melanie Farmer, Associate Director REDI on 02 9678 7258 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
To find more about these positions, please visit www.westernsydney.edu.au/vacancies