Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Tai’s research group in California Institute of Technology (Caltech MEMS Lab) is seeking a talented and highly motivated scholar interested in joining the group and devoting in the interdisciplinary research of biomedical devices for real life applications.
The research staff will be involved in multiple research projects in the MEMS Lab. The ideal candidate needs to show capability to work efficiently and independently in a lab setting, good oral and written communication skills, good teamwork spirts to collaborate with outside researchers and medical professionals.
The research staff will be operating sophisticated micro/nano fabrication machines in the clean-room, and also use a variety of measurement equipment in general lab area for different electrical and mechanical characteristics.
- Qualification of instrument operation in the clean room
- Qualification of equipment usage in common lab area
- Design, fabrication and testing of intravascular catheter device with multiple functionalities including electrical impedance spectroscopy, flow fraction reserve, intravascular ultrasound, etc.
- Development of electrical impedance tomography system for fatty liver disease diagnostics: hardware implementation, imaging algorithm, and a priori information aided solution with other imaging modalities
- Development of magnetic field based surgical tool navigation system: hardware/software implementation
- Closely work with medical professionals for animal/patient study
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in electrical/mechanical/biomedical engineering or related field
- Minimum 4 years of research experience in biomedical device or related field
- Experienced and skilled at microfabrication process/equipment
- Familiar with intravascular catheter device development
- Familiar with electrical impedance tomography hardware/algorithm
- Good publication records in biomedical engineering field related journals
- Good communication ability and writing skills for journal publication and proposal writing
- Past experience in working with medical professionals for biomedical device applications