Athletic Trainer, Orthopaedics, Knightdale
Orthopaedics - Knightdale
The position will be working between 3 Ortho locations, Raleigh, Knightdale and Wake Forest.
A nonexempt position responsible for performing a variety of duties depending on whether it is a small clinic, large medical practice, multi-clinic, or a specialty office. They may be involved in both the clinical and administrative areas including assisting physicians with patient care and handling clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
- Patient Care Responsibilities- rooming patients, collecting histories, charting, answering phone calls, completing forms
- Clerical Duties- prepping clinics, obtaining test results, updating charts, verifying insurance, obtaining authorizations, coordinating referrals and appointments
- Fulfills EOC Responsibilities- cleaning exam rooms, ordering and stocking supplies and restocking exam rooms, cleaning exam tables, maintain safe work environment by checking for expired supplies, medications, emptying sharps containers
- Organizational Duties- promoting patient rights, responding to emergency codes, following HR, Compliance and Joint Commission policies
- Responsibilities that vary according to state law, which include autoclaving, checking vital signs, suture removal, dressing changes, entering orders based on physician protocols, biohazard waste
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures
- Skill in performing medical assistant workflow tasks and skill at interpersonal interactions
- Ability to learn, project a pleasant and professional image, to prioritize and complete delegated tasks and to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution,or a community college course in medical assisting.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
1 year prior experience in a clinic setting preferred
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
National certification for: RMA through AMT CMA through AAMA Current CPR certification
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 30lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401499325
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4597 ATHLETIC TRAINER
Job Family Level D2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Bachelors degree in athletic training or equivalent from a CAATE accredited program required. Work requires knowledge of the domains of athletic training: injury/illness prevention and wellness protection, clinical evaluation and diagnosis, immediate and emergency care, treatment and rehabilitation, and organizational and professional health and well-being. NATABOC Certification (National Athletic Trainers Association-Board of Certification) is required.
No experience required.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID