Manager, Corporate Card
Accounts Receivable and Card Program Ser
- The Corporate Card Manager is responsible for administering all aspects of the Duke Corporate Card Program.
- Serve as the primary interface between Duke and the Corporate Card vendor regarding the card program, emerging technology, changes in the program, and any other issues.
- Educate customers on the proper use of the card, policy information, and changes to procedures. Implement policy changes as needed and communicate to customers.
- Design and deliver training programs related to the Corporate Card and any supporting software applications,
- Advise, educate, and serve as a resource for department administrators regarding card program issues.
- Develop and implement audit routines to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Communicate audit issues/problems to administrators and departments
- Provide reporting for card program activity. Identify card activity that is reportable for tax purposes and resolve tax related issues.
- Report taxable income received by employees, students, and third parties.
- Review card spend to identify trends and potential fraudulent activity.
- Coordinate activity/communication between the card vendor’s fraud department and Duke departments to minimize fraud losses and to resolve fraud related issues.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of software applications designed to support the Corporate Card program.
- Coordinate with Bank of America and OIT resources to resolve technical issues related to Works.
- Supervise various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, and scheduling.
- Develop and mentor staff.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
The work to be performed requires a thorough knowledge of accounting, taxes, and internal controls generally acquired through a bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance. A certified public accounting designation is preferred.
Experience: Work generally requires a minimum of five to six years of accounting or related business experience to acquire competence in analyzing Corporate Card activity and managing staff. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPEREINCE
Skills: Strong analytical skills and ability to assimilate and conceptualize information; ability and desire to work in a progressive paced and complex environment; demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail; strong time management skills in deadline driven environment; strong project management skills required; requires excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; proficiency with Excel and knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus.
Requisition Number 401499047
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 1453 MANAGER, CORPORATE CARD
Job Family Level 14
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
The work to be performed requires a thorough knowledge of accounting, taxes, and internal controls generally acquired through a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance. A certified public accounting designation is preferred.
Work generally requires a minimum of five to six years of accounting or related business experience to acquire competence in analyzing Corporate Card activity and managing staff. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID