Manager, Service Quality and Business Process Improvement
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Student Support and Services (SSS) function, led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellery (Academic), is moving towards a tiered service delivery model, that will deliver a central service for enquiry management whilst maintaining a local presence for specialised services. To enable this, a central team will be created comprised of four pillars which will work together, and partner with faculties, to deliver shared services and a great student experience.
The Student Client Services department will drive the continuous improvement cycle for student services, and will oversee the functions for enquiries management, student communications, business process improvement, and the partnership between shared services and Faculties.
About the role
- Senior Appointment
- 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Service Quality and Business Process Improvement (BPI) team operates as part of SSS, with the management role forming part of the Student Client Services leadership team. The Manager of Service Quality and BPI will lead a small team, responsible for proactively identifying opportunities for service improvement, working closely with university-wide stakeholders to ensure improved quality experiences for students. The Manager, Service Quality & BPI will be a member of the Student Services Leadership Group and make a proactive contribution to the culture and goals of the University.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant tertiary degree with extensive experience in business process improvement or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and experience
- Proven track record in project management/change management methodologies in complex administrative or service environments
- Outstanding experience of scoping, managing and implementing business improvement projects within a given timeframe and budget
- Outstanding experience in group facilitation, leading and managing workshops using a variety of methods, tools and techniques to analyse existing and potential business process improvements
- Proven collaborative and team-oriented approach to facilitate groups to develop creative approaches to problem solving and process improvement
- Understanding and experience in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. Certification would be advantageous
- Extensive understanding and experience of quality audit and its outcomes
- Highly developed communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Proven experience in initiating and facilitating business reviews of specific service areas as part of a quality assurance framework
- Robust knowledge of how a University environment works, and of how the various processes, functions and structures can operate independently, as well as in conjunction with each other, to deliver services to students
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Kim Symons, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 0670
Applications close: 18 Oct 2018
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity