Senior Oracle DBA/Platform Administrator
The Senior Platform Administrator/DBA will help manage production and development application environments and Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server back-end databases. The Sr. Platform Administrator/DBA will work independently to ensure applications and databases are operating efficiently, and to ensure that service levels are maintained and delivered.
This position will be responsible for the following responsibilities: Co-support the administration of various applications and databases including installation, configuration, patching and maintenance.
Maintain and ensure availability for multiple production and development applications and databases including Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
Support/Administer a wide number and types of vendor applications, including, Ellucian Banner Student Systems, Axway MFT, CA API Gateway (Layer7), Talend, Autosys and others.
Identify, track, resolve, respond and raise awareness of complex application and data issues.
Develop and maintain technical documentation for supported applications (implementation design documents, support activities, run books, DR plans, etc.).
Create, assign, and manage users with a focus on application security.
Ensure security among data management and associated processes, including adhering to data retention policies, file systems and data transfers.
Assist and/or facilitate testing phases for applications.
Process improvement through automation- Will require some Windows/Unix scripting knowledge.
Provide some scripting (Windows / Unix) as needed.
Ensure changes follow appropriate release management processes.
Plan/Review patch and upgrade information and communicate changes.
Apply ITIL framework practices to improve delivery of service offerings.
Ensure vendor licensing, software maintenance and support agreements are in place and up to date.
Assist development with analysis and design for new or existing applications.
Participate in groups/committees related to processes, standards and best practices and ensure documentation is up to date.
Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge and understanding of supported applications.
- Coordinates the planning and development of new, complex relational databases.
- Ensures adherence to data standards across the University environment.
- Develops and documents database procedures and policies and resolves complex protocol deviations in existing databases.
- Maintains and administers database systems to ensure effective implementation and use of databases including software testing, debugging, and data quality assurance projects.
- Implements technical solutions including installation, configuration, and resolution of issues with multiple layers of products and technologies
- Works directly with University departments to troubleshoot problems, create reports, identify and resolve technical issues. Communicates directly with staff to understand goals and solve user problems.
- Documents end user's experience, and develops methodologies and assessment techniques that address usability goals.
- Provides training on database, appropriate use and facilitates user groups.
- Performs various coding, debugging and unit testing tasks in support of assigned projects.
- Assists in evaluating University business and administrative processes and needs and develops solutions to technical problems.
- Assists in developing and implementing database security procedures, including access authorization, logins, and permissions.
- Applies current programming standards and methodologies to all relevant projects and activities.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and five years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Proven hands-on expertise designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting applications and servers using Oracle Database 11g or higher in a Linux environment.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Motivated self-starter with ability to take initiative to become a subject matter expert of various vendor enterprise-level applications. Proven ability with advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills with strong problem-solving skills. Ability to successfully multi-task and shift focus quickly.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated leadership, negotiation, conflict management, and facilitation skills; set priorities and manage workload to meet those priorities; strong customer service skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of management and different business partner organization. Willing to go above and beyond to support the business needs and aid resolution.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Proven knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles, processes, tools, and techniques. Knowledge with performance measuring and monitoring of IT systems.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Five years of applicable experience in application administration, design, testing, implementation, and documentation. Experience with MySQL Server is desirable; proven work experience with Windows/Unix platforms.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.