Appointment Coordinator, Radiology Scheduling
Coordinate and perform a variety of duties associated with appointment scheduling for clinic visits, studies and procedures.
- Coordinate and perform a variety of duties associated with appointment scheduling for clinic visits, studies and procedures.
- Typically serves as the first point at which a patient is registered into Duke Health System
- Review and coordinate appointment requests, determine appropriate services, physician and appropriateness of setting.
- Identify correct patient in Maestro Care, verify patient demographic and insurance data.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Notify patients of co-payment requirements and outstanding balances.
- Coordinate labs and procedures in accordance with physician preferences.
- Notify patients of testing date, time and location.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Basic PC and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, provide oral and written instructions, interact tactfully with customers and establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Must be able to apply specific departmental policies rules and regulations relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and maintaining records and forms
Requisition Number 401498467
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4554 APPOINTMENT COORDINATOR
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating andproviding service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcarerelated field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks oractivities.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principlesnormally acquired through high school education
Auto req ID