Ambulatory Care Nurse II, Regional Pediatrics, South Durham
Regional Pediatrics - South Durham
With supervision from the Nurse Manager will triage patients both in office and by phone. Educate patients and parents on disease management and medications. Implement treatments and care based on Physicians orders.
- Assessment/ Intake/ Record patient data and age appropriate screenings per protocol/Medication Admin/Immunization Admin
- Lab testing per protocol and by Physician order
- Telephone Triage/Assessment and Documentation
- Assist with procedures
- Manage NCIR and vaccine supplies and reports
- Lead Nurse responsibility ( staff scheduling, resource nursing staff, Head a committee)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security regulatory policies and internal policies with respect to PHI (protected health information)
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Display excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills
- Knowledge of CLIA and COLA lab requirements and policy and procedure
- Knowledge of Joint Commission and requirements for accreditation
- Knowledge of Joint Commission requirements for Primary Care Medical Home accreditation
- Knowledge of current nursing principles, techniques and procedures
- Excellent decision making skills
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Graduation from an Associate Degree Nursing or Bachelor Degree Nursing Program *New hires with ADN must complete BSN within 2 years of hire**
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Prefer a minimum of one year pediatric office experience
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina Current CPR certification
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401498667
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID