Research Associate in Traffic Engineering
Department Name Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Center (QTTSC):
QTTSC was established in 2012 as a research entity in the State of Qatar that provides guidance and consultation to improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of transportation and traffic for Qatar with a global presence. It fulfills the role of the university to advance knowledge and contribute to the needs and aspiration of the society with regards to the field of transportation and traffic safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
The applicant is expected to (not limited to):
- Engage in research/consultancy related to the following areas (but not limited to): urban traffic control and operation, traffic management, traffic modeling and simulation, vulnerable road users, intelligent transportation systems, operations of public transport.
- Support QTTSC activities by performing traffic modeling and operational analysis works using micro-simulation platforms like VISSIM, and Synchro.
- Disseminate research outputs thorough internationally recognized peer reviewed high impact journals and presentations.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Assist in preparing technical reports, business proposals and other required project correspondence.
- Support the center in obtaining research / consultancy grants.
- Support the center in running community service related activities pertaining to transportation and traffic safety
Candidates must have at least master’s degree (MSc/MEng) in Transportation Engineering or any other closely related field of study from an internationally recognized university and must demonstrate:
- Evidence of active research, service and scholarly activities in the traffic-engineering field.
- Record of peer-reviewed publication in high-impact journals.
- Proficiency in traffic simulations and traffic analysis software.
- Work experience in GCC is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
The employment package is commensurate with experience and rank and highly competitive. It includes a 12-month tax free salary, housing, private health insurance, relocating expenses, financial support for school expenses of the faculty’s children, and annual round-trip flight tickets as in line with the current Qatar University HR policies. For more information please visit Qatar University HR website at (www.qu.edu.qa). Qatar University is committed to employment equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified women and men. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants should upload curriculum vitae, a research statement, and a teaching statement that includes a description of teaching philosophy and experience and other matters that highlight the requirements related to the position mentioned above. Only Electronic Applications are considered through Qatar University webpage (www.qu.edu.qa).
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 31-Dec-2018