Systems Support Analyst
- Salary Package: From $91,685 to $99,406 per annum (HEW Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
The Business Support team within the Information Technology department is currently seeking a suitably qualified System Support Analyst with experience in student management systems and finance applications.
Reporting to the Systems Support Team leader, you will:
- Undertake root cause analysis, develop and implement solutions within an agreed timeframe.
- Work with users, other team members, IT teams or external vendors to resolve service requests or issues raised.
- Monitor the performance of the systems and address issues raised or risks identified.
- Monitor the application support requests and providing regular status reports on service levels.
- Support software patches or upgrades and changes; undertaking verification testing in the new environment.
- Maintain awareness of the potential impact of project work on the application environment and providing impact assessments as required.
- Maintain detailed operational documentation, user manuals, operations manuals and other standard documentation.
As an important part of the Information Technology, the Business Support team focuses on two streams of activities: day to day operational activities including support and delivering improvements to the finance and student administration processes across Macquarie University, your experience gained in a similar role will be essential in providing technical support, maintenance and administration of existing and new systems.
You will provide strong support for applications and tasks for the business systems and ensure new solutions are transitioned efficiently through the production hand-over process. You will manage key operations and will be used to working in a busy setup with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Your proactive nature, high level of energy, flexibility and resilience, whilst maintaining discretion and professionalism, will see you thrive in a role where you will work in collaboration with others to achieve shared goals.
IT Partnerships & Engagement is responsible for fostering relationships with Faculties and Departments to identify and forecast IT business requirements and matching IT solutions; coordinate business change programs and ensure training and development opportunities are provided to stakeholders to maximise IT systems to support research, learning and teaching activities.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a cover letter and a separate document addressing the selection criteria and upload these along with your resume.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent business systems experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing support for production systems including prioritisation of work coordination across team resources and working to deadlines.
- Excellent Incident Management and troubleshooting skills. Exceptional skills to document all actions and troubleshooting steps and to communicate these to relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL, ETL, ITIL.
- Experience in student management systems advantageous.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Enquires: Cristiano Kochenborger – Systems Support Team Leader on Cristiano.Kochenborger@mq.edu.au
Applications Close: Sunday, 14 October 2018 at 11:55 pm (AEDT)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
This position requires criminal record checking.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.