Classified Title: CO Clinical Nurse
Working Title: CO Clinical Nurse
Starting Salary Range: $75,000 commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 24-MD:JH at Greenspring Station
Department name: 10002853-SOM OB GYN General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
- Applies nursing knowledge and skills to the delivery of individuals and/or population based patient care.
- Provides and coordinates care to patients according to Hopkins vision and mission.
- Activates resources from all disciplines and collaborates to achieve outcomes for patients and functional units (social work, nutritionist, Home Health, etc.).
- Demonstrates competency in care of age specific populations (completes annual update). Maintain a compassionate environment and support others in doing the same (service excellence).
- Synthesized patient data using theoretical and experiential knowledge: initiates/informs appropriate personnel for corrective action (assures patient labs are tracked-forward results to appropriate provider, documents lab results on flow sheet as needed, addresses patient phone calls, assessing patient needs and relays information to provider).
- Assist provider by taking patient history, blood pressure, and pulse, draw blood, give injections and perform office laboratory testing, assisting with biopsies and pap smears.
- Uses established chain of command to address unresolved clinical issues.
- Develops, implements, and modifies patient teaching.
- Occasional coverage of other offsite JHH/JHU GYN/OB clinic locations remotely, or by traveling to location.
Resources and Systems:
- Acts as clinical resource to CMA staff. Demonstrates and relates to activities that produce effective and efficient resource use of system functions.
- Able to utilize resources available (computer, EPIC).
- Maintains needed supplies and equipment.
- Addresses operational issues as needed to assure clinic is efficient.
- Focuses on interactions between nurses and providers of care; promotes activities that involve performances of the group consistent with philosophy and values of unit and organization.
- Acts as resources to providers for documentation assistance, barriers to referrals, getting records.
- Independent in making decisions and initiates action to solve problems (potential and real) related to operations (changes assignments as needed to assure clinic begins and ends). Demonstrates ability to balance own needs and others in meeting unit needs (acts as charge nurse; assigns lunches/covers as needed).
- Assures patient flow is maintained (assists others as needed). Informs registration desk and patients when clinics are running late.
- Maintains staff assignments according to education and skill base.
- Collaborates in completing annual evaluation of peers and support staff in a timely manner. Collaborates in developing, modifying, and maintaining updated policies.
- Orients new employees as needed and completes appropriate paperwork.
Must be a registered nurse, licensed in the State of Maryland or state where practicing. Bachelor's degree in nursing or related discipline preferred.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
- Ability to stand for periods of time, lift and move patients as needed.
- Maintain flexible working hours meeting the needs of the patient environment.
- Occasional coverage of other offsite JHH/JHU GYN/OB clinic locations remotely or by traveling to location.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information