Analyst, IT, SR
CHIEF ACADEMIC INFORMATION OFFICER
Research Application Delivery Business IT Analyst
The Research Application Delivery (RAD) team in the Office of Research Informatics (ORI) builds, implements and supports vended and custom software for Duke’s clinical and basic research community. The RAD analyst position combines several traditional roles including business analyst, QA analyst, system expert, project manager, application analyst, application support. RAD analysts work collaboratively with the business units and the software development teams of our vendors to envision, design, configure, test, document and support software vended solutions.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills to contribute to and coordinate the design, delivery, maintenance, and continuous improvement of vended research applications. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of research administration processes and experience with managing software implementation projects.
Note: Handling production issues and coordinating production releases will require availability outside of normal business hours.
Analysis & System Configuration (40%)
- Observe, interview, and meet with users, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and business owners to identify business needs
- Translate business needs into functional and non-functional requirements
- Analyze and elaborate requirements to collaboratively uncover and clarify product options and capabilities
- Manage changes to requirements by assessing impacts, dependencies, and risks in accordance with the change management process
- Coordinate and lead meetings with users and vendors to present designs and refine system requirements
- Build software implementation and continuous improvement roadmaps for major projects
- Oversee implementation process to ensure that project milestones are met
- Advise stakeholders on competing priorities and suggest alternatives for moving forward with project work and also providing added value to existing applications
- Ensure that enhancements, bug fixes, and technology upgrades to existing applications are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with stakeholder priorities
- Mentor less senior analysts
- Establish analyst project management and analysis processes
Software Testing (20%)
- Elaborate and specify detailed metrics and acceptance criteria using measurement tools and techniques for use in evaluating whether the solution meets requirements
- Plan and coordinate system testing for new applications and features
- Develop feature acceptance criteria
- Oversee regression testing of existing applications
- Analyze and communicate the solution's identified gaps to enable stakeholders to resolve discrepancies between solution scope, requirements, and developed solution
- Work with vendor to automate regression tests when possible so that manual testing is minimized
- Develop and execute usability tests to identify user interface shortfalls, validate design elements, and discriminate among alternative designs
- Consult with users, support analysts, and vendors to efficiently address issues discovered in the testing phase
- Plan, coordinate and oversee implementation of major production releases
- Develop communication strategy for major production releases
- Coordinate documentation of lessons learned and lead retrospective reviews
User Support & Documentation (20%)
- Create user support documentation
- Participate in RAD production support pager rotation
- Ensure user issues are handled professionally and efficiently
- Prepare and deliver presentations to system users and others as necessary
- Provide and train others on third-level end-user support for RAD applications
Required Qualifications at this Level 01
Three years of related experience is required.
Experience managing software implementation projects is preferred
- Ability to work independently to complete complex tasks and lead large projects
- Ability to recognize resource constraints and redistribute resources and/or reassign tasks to accommodate changes in project goals or requirements
- Ability to develop, monitor and adjust standard practices to ensure that timelines are met
- Ability to develop product roadmaps and detailed project plans
- Advanced ability to manage projects to ensure that due dates are met or adjusted in accordance with customer expectations
- Ability to manage release cycles (e.g., requirements, scope, risk and issue management)
- Ability to balance workload across multiple concurrent projects
User-Centric Product Design
- Advanced/Excellent negotiation and consensus-driving skills
- Ability to understand and document user needs and design complex technology solutions to satisfy requirements
- Ability to recognize customer pain points and suggest system changes that will improve the customer experience
- Commitment to building and maintaining strategic alliances with business and IT units across Duke
- Ability to adapt communication style, timing, and content to audience in order to effectively convey complex technical messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and make sound decisions
- Risk Management
- Ability to identify risks of negative outcomes, measure impact, and recommend mitigations
- Ability to recognize when to escalate and minimize risk through corrective action
- Ability to collaborate with individual contributors or managers to define business processes that will minimize risk
This job description describes the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Requisition Number 401498895
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2426 ANALYST, IT, SR
Job Family Level D
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID