Classified Title: Software Engineer
Working Title: Software Engineer
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: East Baltmore Medical Campus
Department name: Oncology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply system analysis techniques and procedures to translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs.
- May incorporate focused, internal R&D to determine an optimal solution.
- Using functional specifications and designs produce all or part of the deliverables.
- Installation and modification of package programs in a server environment.
- Responsible for the operational support of systems and systems components.
- Will conduct systems performance evaluations, monitoring, patch management, as well as security evaluations.
- Work is complex and varied in nature.
- Defines and discerns key aspects of a problem and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context.
- May provide guidance/training to end users.
- Typically interacts with customers.
- Is a resource/mentor for others within the organization.
- Responsible for the complete project life cycle for all but the largest projects.
- Able to develop test plans for major projects.
- Generally works independently. Has wider range of autonomy and is responsible for meeting deliverables without supervision.
- May set overall team or area priorities with supervisor.
- Provides broad technical support and focused training to functional users.
Minimum Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s Degree required. . Five years related work experience required. Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional experience may substitute for required education to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula.
Preferred: Degree in graphic design
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities / Competencies:
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to setup and manage web environments.
- Proven experience in the development of data visualizations
- Excellent communication and client interaction skills.
- Ability to develop dynamic and interactive web pages using the above and other technologies.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information