Executive Assistant to the Vice Provost and Senior Associate Vice Provost
Heralded as a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactions between students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As a team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance and support programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate student at Stanford.
The Office of the Vice Provost is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide complex and diversified administrative support with minimal supervision to the Vice Provost and Senior Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education.
The ideal candidate will be able to anticipate the needs of the VP and the SAVP and proactively solve problems and/or independently handle a variety of administrative issues in a dynamic environment. Are you cool under pressure, personable, and a self-starter? Then this position may be for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act on behalf of the Chief of Staff and VPUE senior management team in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Act as calendar manager for the vice provost and senior associate vice provost with direct consultation with the chief of staff.
- Resolve calendaring conflicts and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies with limited oversight.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, governing boards, and events, including arranging services with vendors, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing events within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, and/or websites.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions for the vice provost and senior associate vice provost; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
* Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position:
- A high school diploma and five years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in a gatekeeper function, exercising a high level of judgment and understanding priorities.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
*-Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
If you’re ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background and experience in providing support to senior management, and how this fits with our career goals.