Research Specialist A and B
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine is a global leader in veterinary education, research, and clinical care. Founded in 1884, the School is a proud member of the One Health initiative, linking human, animal, and environmental health. http://www.vet.upenn.edu/
This position is for a research specialist to assist academic researchers in performing animal trials, field work and also molecular laboratory-based bench work with emphasis on rumen microbiology and fermentation at the Center for Animal Health and Productivity, University of Pennsylvania (UPENN), School of Veterinary Medicine, New Bolton Center, Kennett Square, PA.
- Help organize animal experiments at dairy
- Coordinate with dairy staff to get dietary samples, milk samples, feces, urine and blood samples
- Sample inventory, data management
- Perform basic nutrition laboratory procedures
- Perform molecular-biology laboratory procedures relevant to the rumen microbiota and fermentation
- Analyze data using basic statistical models and maintaining various CAHP websites
- Coordinate time and efforts working with multiple investigators
- Communicate with faculty, grad students, dairy staff and producers.
- Help PI with preparation of reports and scientific publications
A Level: Bachelor’s in Science is required with animal background. Master’s is optional.
B Level: Same as above. 1 – 3 years of experience.
Position located in Kennett Sq, No public trans. avail.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.