Virtual Lead Quantitative Tutor
Classified Title: Quantitative Tutor Lead
Working Title: Virtual Lead Quantitative Tutor
Starting Salary Range: $20 to $25 per hour depending on education and experience
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 46-MD:JH at Harbor East
Department name: 60000051-Student Services
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The Quantitative Lead Tutor serves as an online coach to Carey Business School students seeking assistance with quantitative courses and programming software. The tutor’s goal is to support the Student Success Center’s mission by providing students with additional academic support in a professional manner. The tutor assists students in understanding math-related content by using various teaching/tutoring strategies and will prepare and lead final exam group study sessions.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Tutor Evaluation and Training
- Develop trainings for quantitative tutors regarding subject matter and tutoring strategies.
- Assess tutor skills and quantitative skills of current and potential tutors.
- Provide students with assistance in quantitative courses and programming.
- Keep records of appointments and student progress.
- Prepare and lead workshops and final exam group study sessions.
- Create and find quantitative resources for students.
- File, copy, update market material and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field preferred.
- Must have completed relevant quantitative courses with least a B+ or be working toward a Master’s or PhD in a related field.
- Experience tutoring or teaching.
- Vast knowledge of a range of quantitative and finance courses including, but not limited to accounting, statistics, finance and economics.
- Excellent communication skills and mastery of English.
- Knowledge of teaching principles and tutoring strategies.
- Reliable, patient and professional.
- Experience using online tutoring platforms such as Zoom, Skype, or Google Hangouts.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, R, Python, Excel, C++ or SPSS preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Vast knowledge of a range of quantitative and finance courses including: Advanced Accounting, Corporate Finance, Advanced Corporate Finance, Data Analytics, Decision Models, Derivatives, Entrepreneurial Finance, Financial Crises & Contagion, Financial Modeling, Financial Institutions, Financial Resources, Financial Econometrics, The Firm & Macro-economy, Fixed Income, Investments, Linear Programming, Managing Financial Risk, Mergers & Acquisitions, Operations Management, Quantitative Financial Analysis, Quantitative Methods, Advanced Statistical Analysis, SQL, VBA.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information