Senior Research Assistant
Classified Title: Senior Research Assistant
Working Title: Senior Research Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $38,531-$52,989 commensurate with experience
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: 10 to 20 hours/week
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 33-MD:Johns Hopkins Bayview
Department name: 10003139-SOM Psy Behavioral Medicine
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
In collaboration with faculty and statisticians, this individual will coordinate computer systems and the development, structure, management and oversight of databases for a variety of research projects. This involves technical expertise, including computer coding abilities.
- Research, advise, establish and oversee the installation and management of data systems that include use of existing and novel technology (e.g., hand-held electronic data capture, web-based data capture, actigraphy).
- Configure and maintain an online data collection system that provides intra- and inter-departmental access using existing network systems.
- Develop computerized software code assist in data quality assurance in real time. This includes creating automated reports identifying missing data, electronic triggering of automate data queries, text messages and emails.
- Create, organize and oversee the management of individual study databases; ensure cross-study consistency and facilitate cross-investigator collaborations through the consistent application of established standards.
- Oversee management of study databases and prepare databases for analyses.
- Perform basic statistical analyses, including systematic data integrity checks.
- Work closely with statisticians to develop automated data scoring procedures and develop coding routines to generate study variables as defined by project directors.
- Liaison with IT contractors to ensure laboratory computing, networking and data storage needs are efficiently maintained.
- Manage, update and renew software license for all critical lab software including, statistical packages, sleep scoring software, actigraphy software, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in related field. 3 years of database management or related experience required. Additional graduate level education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities: Proficient with REDCAP database software. Must have experience with internet and SMART phone data capture techniques. Must have experience in managing data and creating databases for large scale clinical research projects.
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications:
The candidate must have advanced computer skills, direct experience troubleshooting software, high level experience with Microsoft Office suite, and experience with database creation and management, including advanced knowledge of REDCap and SPSS.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information