Financial Management Analyst I, Pratt Office of the Dean
Engineering - Office of Dean
In the Pratt School of Engineering assist in the planning, development and coordination of complex financial analyses and reports including, but not limited to, operational and capital budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information; perform specialized assignments in financial management and related areas; perform a supportive role in coordinating complex financial projects.
Financial Management - 60%
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of over 100 monthly financial operation reports for the Pratt administrative units and the four academic departments; working with the finance team and business managers analyze variances from approved budget and provide written reports with recommendations to the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration and Director of Finance for adverse trends; support the development of data bases and spreadsheet models to manage these budgets.
- Support the development and production of an all-inclusive monthly P&L statement for the Pratt School of Engineering. Maintain liaisons with Pratt Departments, Centers, and Deans Office Units to prepare reports and answer questions regarding financial position, cash flows, accounts, budgets, budget requests and related financial matters.
- Reconcile assigned codes monthly and according to the relevant Duke financial policies and procedures.
- Support the management of Pratt endowments. Assist with the development of monthlyendowment reports specifically identifying annual income, expenditures to date, encumbrances, and deficit balances.
- Ensure financial transactions on endowment codes are appropriate given the gift agreement.
- Prepare reports and recommendations for Pratt leadership. Manage various financial transactions including, but not limited to, purchasing goods and services via Buy@Duke, approving corporate card transactions, processing payments via AP check request, etc.
Research Administration - 30%
- Coordinate and/or perform research administration activities for large and complex grants and contracts in the Pratt School of Engineering.
- Pre-award activities include broad duties and taking a project management role in the preparation and submission of grant and contract proposals. Ensures all applications meet agency and university guidelines and published deadlines.
- Ensures proposals are entered and routed in a timely manner for further review.
- Post-award activities include detailed reconciliation of assigned project budget, including determination of allocability and allowability of charges; preparing and analyzing budget reports, and developing budget projections; adjusting and correcting assigned project budgets to meet project goals and federal requirements, providing assistance and oversight to effort management of specified portfolio.
Special Projects - 10%
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration and other members of the Pratt leadership team on various projects on an as needed basis. Projects include complex data analysis utilizing mutliple data sources and span many topics, such as research expenditures, budget projections, staffing, etc.
Required Qualifications at this Level:
- Education/Training: Work generally requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or a related business field.
- Experience: Work generally requires two years of experience in accounting and/or budget review and analysis in an academic setting to become familiar with acceptable accounting principles or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Skills: Strong Excel skills are necessary and previous experience in SAP/R3 is desired.
Requisition Number 401496819
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 1864 FINANCIAL MGMT ANALYST I
Job Family Level 12
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economicsor a related business field.
Work generally requires two years of experience in accounting and/orbudget review and analysis in a health care setting to become familiarwith acceptable accounting principles.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID