Staff Specialist For Community Engagement, Duke Health Development
Medical Center Development
The Staff Specialist for Community Engagement will help administer the DCI’s benefit event fundraising program, the online giving/registration platform, the coordination of fundraising events, stewardship program,support corporate and community relationships, and coordinate program communications; all of which are components of the overall community engagement strategy for Duke Cancer Institute (DCI). Reporting to the Director of Community Engagement, the Staff Specialist is part of the Duke Cancer Institute Development team which partners with various units and departments within Duke Cancer Institute and Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs.
Benefit Events and Fundraising – 50%
- Assist in managing relationships with third-party and internal fundraisers, maintain the benefit event application process, coordinate with DCI Communications event details to market benefit events through DCI’s communication channels.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of online giving pages and registration sites for benefit events on our Blackbaud donation platform, provide customer support to event participants and event managers.
- Help the program build and maintain relationships with local businesses and corporations to encourage them to support DCI’s fundraising and sponsorship efforts.
- Responsible for helping to coordinate fundraising and benefit events,including:planning event details, creating online giving pages, obtaining presenters for events, coordinating necessary staff and volunteers, and attending benefit events as needed.
- Assist with developing creative components for the program,including: drafting of letters, designing online donation pages, and creating collateral materials for events.
- Responsible for tracking and running analysis reports of all benefits event results to ensure the creation of an effective pipeline of donors, providing a steady flow of prospects,donors and volunteers to higher levels of gift giving.
Stewardship and Donor Pipeline Building – 25%
- Responsible for the implementation of benefit event stewardship,creating and maintaining a benefit event stewardship calendar.
- Work with DCI Annual Giving Director, Development Associate, Major Gift Officers to implement successful stewardship and donor relations strategies for benefit event donors.
- Assist with developing strategies to increase, integrate, and sustain event donors into the DCI pipeline.
Program Administration and Support – 25%
- Assist in executing communication and donor stewardship aspects of the community engagement program to ensure that appropriate solicitation and stewardship strategies are implemented, and that fundraising goals and revenue targets are achieved.
- Maintain a comprehensive benefit event spreadsheet for the program that includes:detailed benefit event information, stewardship plan, and donor recognition activities and opportunities to increase giving within the program.
- Maintain benchmarking reports for internal tracking and future planning purposes for various community engagement programs and activities.
- Process expenses and track budget expenditures and projections for the program.
Perform other related duties as necessary.
Work requires communications, analytical, and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree program.
Work generally requires two years of project management/or events coordination (or related field)providing experience infundraising strategies and activities.
- Hands on experience in logistical planning.
- Skill in communicating persuasively, both orally and in writing, with different external constituencies.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate multiple solutions and solve complex problems using well developed critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills needed to prioritize among many competing priorities.
- Attention to detail needed to operate accurately and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs,fundraising databases and marketing automation tools.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Ability to be flexible in working independently as well as collaboratively with faculty and staff to achieve defined goals.
Requisition Number 401497998
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 83 STAFF SPECIALIST
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post secondary education.
Work generally requires four years of clerical or research experienceto acquire strong skills in administrative or project researchresponsibilities as well as accepted office management, communicationsand research practices.A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to thespecific position may be substituted for the education and two yearsof the experience requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID