BI Developer, DUMAC
Summary of Responsibilities
As a key member of the Engineering Team, the BI Developer will perform project and maintenance work associated with implementing DUMAC’s overall data and technology strategy. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical and business skills to work with all levels of the organization to complete projects and support existing applications while working in a fast paced, growing organization. Primary functions are to plan, design, code, test, debug, configure, and document business intelligence application systems and/or data warehouse development solutions. The BI Developer will work with other analysts and senior Engineering Team members to deploy technical solutions using design and coding standards that adhere to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Design, develop, and support Microsoft Power BI content including reports, cubes, packages, dashboards, and presentation portals
- Work with cross-functional team members to recommend technical solutions to business issues and/or system issues
- Assist in making technical recommendations for more efficient troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
- Consult with internal business users of applications
- Work with other Engineering Team members to estimate new system issue resolution or package implementation efforts
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to internal staff
- Adhere to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
To be a good fit for this opportunity, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience with
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft BI Tool Suite (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI Report Server)
- Tabular Data Models
- Microsoft PowerPivot, SharePoint, PowerView
- SQL programming experience with Microsoft SQL
- Strong background developing BI applications with deployment
- Strong experience in current software engineering and solution delivery methodologies
- Interpersonal finesse with strong oral and written communications skills to interact with diverse stakeholders
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities with the ability to work well in a dynamic, high velocity environment • Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite Technical Competencies Experience in the following technical areas is desired:
- Has some proficiency in .NET, Python, C++, HTML, CSS, and/or Java script
- Primary Operating System
- Microsoft Windows
- Primary Language
- Primary Database
- Microsoft SQL Server (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Ability to create complex SQL queries, views, Stored Procedures and User Defined Function g protocols.
Requisition Number 401497603
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 2231 PERFORMANCE ANALYST, DUMAC
Job Family Level 00
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary RegularShift First/Day
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical skills generally acquired through completionof a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, ManagementScience or a related quantitatively-oriented field.
Work requires the ability to analyze and evaluate investmentperformance generally acquired through one year of experience in theinvestment or a related field.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID