Accounting Specialist, Accounts Payable
Accurately research and resolve accounts payable related exceptions and/or inquiries.
- Maintain interface with departmental and University personnel to obtain and provide information to verify or support financial records and ensure compliance with established University policies and procedures; answer inquiries regarding accounting information as required.
- Research vendor invoice and payment issues proactively to ensure timely resolution.
- Utilize SAP R/3 and other software applications to perform accounts payable research activities.
- Communicate with vendors and customers to ensure billing and payment issues are resolved appropriately.
- Run special reports for other teams in Accounts Payable, suppliers and customers for use in analyzing vendor billing and payment issues.
- Assist customers of the procurement process with the resolution of a variety of problems, questions or other issues; answer inquiries on the status of payment for orders, or in the understanding of the accounts payable process.
- Participate in meetings to monitor any potential problems.
- Answer inquiries from departments and vendors concerning vendor payments.
- Send initial communication to departments for Adhoc problem invoice workflows.
- Review all incoming faxes for the Research team to determine (1) if the invoice(s) are ready for payment and (2) if additional research is needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401497143
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 119 ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of general accounting principles usuallythrough two years post-secondary education in accounting or a relatedbusiness field.
Work generally requires 3 years of experience in an accounting settingto become familiar with the accepted accounting practices involved inmaintaining more complex financial records, reconciling accountinginformation and preparing financial statements.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID