Pharmacy Tech II
Supplemental help for Vault, Omnicell Tech, Purchasing and Receiving Techs; Barcoding; Omnicell and Carousel database experiences needed (preferred). Help with Omnicell PARs, Omnicell Cabinet Maintenance
Position is Monday-Friday, no weekends, ORS call.Paste
Tentative schedule: 9:00-5:30 pm, flexibility required to accommodate department/business needs.
General Description of the Job Class
Perform under supervision a variety of routine and advanced technical duties related to preparing and dispensing drugs in accordance with standard procedures and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Retrieve and interpret medication orders; perform pharmaceutical calculations, taking into account patient and drug characteristics; enter medication orders into pharmacy computer system for pharmacist's review.
- Label, fill and deliver medication to appropriate patient care locations.
- Receive and triage information requests; research and provide information where appropriate; refer other inquiries to pharmacist. Inventory, order, receive and stock drugs and supplies.
- Retrieve discontinued or expired medications from stock and patient areas; discard or return to stock as appropriate; complete corresponding documentation. Serve as a primary training resource for new technicians and assist in evaluating their progress as directed; may assist in preparing schedules, setting work priorities and making work assignments as directed. Assist in documentation of unit-specific procedures and quality assurance activities under Pharmacist's review.
- Assist other technicians in performing complex procedures and/or calculations as required.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401497608
Duke Entity DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Job Code 4121 PHARMACY TECH II
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires high school or equivalent. Successful completion of a formalized Pharmacy Technician program preferred.
Work requires a minimum of two years experience as a Pharmacy Technician plus completion of advanced competencies checklist as documented and approved by the Department of Pharmacy. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Pharmacy technician certification is required from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). North Carolina Board of Pharmacy registration is required.
Auto req ID