Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Princeton Environmental Institute (PEI) invites applications for two postdoctoral researchers or more senior positions to take part in a new partnership with the Stockholm Resilience Centre and the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research.
These researchers will join a community of faculty and other postdoctoral associates involved with this initiative at Princeton and its partner institutions, as well as complementary projects in Princeton's Center for BioComplexity and the Food and Agriculture Initiative.
The two postdoctoral associates hired in this call will research:
- Feeding the World in 2050: Agriculture, from production to consumption, has one of the largest environmental footprints of all human activities. Contributions to climate change, demands for water, loss of biodiversity and minimizing negative externalities all need to be managed if food systems are to be made sustainable and resilient to shocks created by human activities.
- Resilience, Adaptation and Systemic Risk: This project will have a strong initial focus on urban sustainability, and on designing cities to be resilient to trends in population growth, migration patterns, land use and climate change, including the impacts of sea-level rise. This postdoctoral associate also will be associated with the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment.
Applicants should apply online https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/8961 and submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a brief statement of research interest, and names and contact information for three references. All materials must be submitted online. Applicants should identify which position they are applying for. Evaluation of applications will begin
October 31 and continue until the positions are filled.
Candidates are required to have a Ph.D. degree in a related field. These positions are subject to the University's background check policy.
More searches like this
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Connecticut
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Postdocs jobs in Connecticut
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Related jobs in Connecticut
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Associate jobs in Connecticut