Assistant Professorship in Consumer Research Methods
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Assistant Professorship in Consumer Research Methods at the Department of Management, Society and Communication. Candidates with a strong research interest in sustainability research and demand side policy instruments will be particularly relevant, as will candidates with a quantitative consumer research profile and an expertise in behavioral public policy.
MSC is a significant supplier of research based teaching to a broad portfolio of programs, which includes undergraduate, graduate and doctoral teaching and supervision as well as executive education in the fields of
- (Responsible) Management/Leadership
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Business and Development (especially the emerging economies context dimension and entrepreneurship & innovation)
- Organisational Communication (Corporate, Strategic, Leadership, Marketing and International Business Communication)
The assistant professorship is a tenure track position with research and teaching obligations.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public, and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
- Research, including responsibility for the academic development
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities
The assistant professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
The applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential.
Candidates should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization with broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs.
For further information please contact: Head of Department Dorte Salskov-Iversen, tel.: +4538153181, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-management-society-and-communication
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via https://www.cbs.dk/en/about-cbs/jobs-cbs/vacant-positions/assistant-professorship-in-consumer-research-methods-tenure-track
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee.
Details about CBS and MSC are available at www.cbs.dk.