Research Program Coordinator
Classified Title: Research Program Coordinator
Working Title: Center Program Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $16.10 to $22.12 per hour
Employee group: Part-time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 4 hours each day
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001487-Department of Civil Engineering
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The Center Program Coordinator will provide research management support for the Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Integrated Structure-Materials Modeling and Simulations (CISSMS) that hosts the Center of Excellence on Integrated Materials Modeling (CEIMM), and the Computational Mechanics Research Laboratory (CMRL) in the Department of Civil Engineering.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Center Director to manage operations of CISMMS, including CEIMM and CMRL
- Work closely with departmental staff in Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering to manage research and administrative operations of the CISMMS, CEIMM and CMRL
- Prepare monthly, annual and final reports as needed, for research projects, and monitor deliverables as specified in the contracts and required by the sponsor
- Coordinate with collaborators, project sponsors, and industry partners in terms of reporting requirements and deadlines, periodic project meetings and annual review meetings
- Compile information on reports, graphs, tables, records, and other sources of information
- Assist with details of meeting setups
- Coordinate scheduling of Center seminars, special event lectures, and business meetings
- Arrange and coordinate travel for visitors, PIs and students
- Coordinate workshops and conferences associated with sponsored projects
- Interact with vendors, contractors to specific orders
- Travel occasionally to sponsor sites and meetings with the director to facilitate research activities
- Maintain a database of upcoming Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs)
- Assist Director in the preparation of proposals and reports
- Collaborate with financial staff at CE and WSE in the review, processing and reconciling of invoices and reimbursements and preparation and tracking of activity on budgets and subcontracts
- Be responsible for website design, development and management of CISMMS, CEIMM, and CMRL
- Manage news and other contents on the websites
- Manage and purchase lab equipment, licenses, and supplies
- Maintain Director’s calendar, schedule appointments and meetings
- Manage implementation of current technologies to enable effective communications with internal and external collaborators; for example: videoconferencing, screen and file sharing, simultaneous editing software, and calendar syncing
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor’s Degree and some related experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- A minimum of three years related experience preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in working with various software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), Adobe (Acrobat, Dreamweaver) preferred.
- Experience in web programing (HTML, CSS, Word press) and literature search preferred.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information