Nurse Practitioner, Surgical Oncology
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the date in the patient's record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings; obtain psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Carry out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, report progress to supervising physician, and maintain record of each patient's progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
- Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Review the work of lower rated employees; train new personnel.
- Participate in teaching students and residents in techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401496634
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1129 NURSE PRACTITIONER
Job Family Level 78
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program. State of North Carolina licensure is also required.
Work requires no previous experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID