Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Exercise Physiology
6 days left
- Full Time
- Deliver content within Exercise Physiology/Science/Strength and Conditioning
- Full time, 3-year convertible tenure track employment contract
- Location – UNSW Randwick campus, NSW, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. The School of Medical Sciences (SoMS) is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) Building on the Kensington campus, but also includes the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick.
The appointee will make a significant contribution to the delivery of Exercise Physiology in undergraduate programs including the Bachelor of Exercise Physiology, the Bachelor of Medical Studies, and the Bachelor of Science through teaching within the discipline, and through content development within the sub-disciplinary area (Exercise Physiology/Science / strength and conditioning). A thorough understanding of these areas through clinical and industry experience as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and/or previous experience in curriculum development/teaching would be advantageous.
The appointee will be expected to contribute to or develop a program of research in the broad discipline of Exercise Physiology that complements existing strengths and resources within the School and Department. The appointee, particularly at Senior Lecturer level, will also be expected to maintain and grow that program through application for external research funds.
Further appointment details include:
- Salary Range: Level B/C $103,047-$143,593 plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time, 3-year convertible tenure track employment contract
About the successful applicant - Lecturer (Level B)
- A PhD in Exercise Physiology, or a related discipline of biomedical science.
- Current accreditation, or qualifications to gain accreditation, as an Exercise Physiologist or Exercise Scientist with Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA) and an understanding of exercise/sport related student placements for accreditation requirements
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to teach undergraduate courses, including Advanced Exercise Science.
- Ability to successfully undertake research as evidenced by a demonstrated track record in peer- reviewed publications.
- Evidence of capacity to develop and maintain research activity, in the form of competitive applications for external peer-reviewed funds.
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Senior Lecturer (In addition to the above)
- Capacity to provide expertise and academic leadership within the discipline of Exercise Physiology or a relevant sub-disciplinary area.
- Ability to successfully undertake leading-edge research as evidenced by a significant track record in peer-reviewed publications Evidence of ability to sustain a program of research in the form of success in applications for external peer-reviewed funds and a record of supervision of higher degree research students.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to lead and teach undergraduate courses in the discipline area.
How to Apply:
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed. PD Lecturer Senior Lecturer Exercise Physiology.pdf
A/Professor Jeanette Thom
T: (61 2) 9385 1090
Applications close: 23rd October 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Sport Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney